Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still Paying My Dues. Damn!!


Well off we go this afternoon to audition at a restaurant for that next gig. You would think after 40 years they would just take my word that I can play and sing. What's wrong with these people? Should I get the job I'll get a meal and $50, now you tell me is that enough compensation for 40 years of experience? Probably not, but it's better than going to a joint and paying over $50 for dinner and listening to god knows what. I wonder if Jack and Freeman have to audition, I'm guessing NO, don't get me wrong I am not comparing myself or talents to either one of those guys. I just want once, someone to say, "Phil we would like you to come to our venue, play an hour of your original songs and we will pay you $50000." Would it be OK if we got Eric Clapton to open for you? OH and we will cover all your travel and accommodations, is there anything special you would like in your dressing room? Dressing Room, that's a post for another day. Wow, somebody wake me up.

3 comments:

Gale said...

If I won my 95 million, this is what I would say: Phil we would like you to come to our venue, play an hour of your original songs and we will pay you $5000." Would it be OK if we got Eric Clapton to open for you? OH and we will cover all your travel and accommodations, is there anything special you would like in your dressing room?
Of course you would be saying : why the hell aren't you sharing you selfish brat!."

Richard's Rants and Raves said...

How about a new song? The Weekend Blogger Blue's.You will have to make up your own words. Ill start!

Been typing all night and my finger tips are bloody.

Stepped out for the paper
and the drive way is muddy.

Down off the steps and through the gate. The dogs yapping at my heels
and i know i can't be late.



OK it's started see what you can do with it . Old Time Rock Please with some beat and any one can add to it.

yoo hoo said...

LOVE the guitar AND the shirt. Both are stylin...