Thursday, November 19, 2009

Field Trip to Cancun 2009

HOLA


Got home fairly early Sunday evening but crashed soon after. Had a great time with the girls. It would have been more fun except that Horizon Air computers were down when we got to Eugene and we missed our connecting flight and had to spend the night in Seattle( did get to see Carla and Mitch for a few hours, we had a good visit) so we got to the resort late Wed night instead of Tuesday afternoon. None the less the girls got a full day at the resort on their own and had a lot of fun.
On Thursday we went to Playa Del Carmen for a shopping excursion, mostly so they could get a small taste of the culture and be harassed by all the vendors. On Friday Jody and Mel went on a catamaran to snorkel and a catered lunch with the CEO while Mike(a friend that lives in Vegas) and I stayed at the resort with Morgan and Danielle, Mike's 12 year old granddaughter from Alaska.
Those little girls had a blast and it was fun to watch them. On Saturday Morgan was invited to go swim with the dolphins and all the OF's hung out on the beach, that evening was a semi-formal farewell dinner with 750 of our Shaklee family. We all had a great time and are glad to be home. For more pic's click on the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jodynewell/sets/72157622695940107/

Adios

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounded like fun and ain't the pictures great?

On another note, for some weird reason (being close to 11-11 when I thought of it) I remember Jodie talking about her father's POW experience and his diary on cigarette papers. I was wondering if she ever got them transcribed into a story? Thanks. Royce

Gale said...

I am glad you had fun. Making memories that will last a life time.

Uncle Spud & Aunt JoJo said...

We had an awesome time! To read the transcribed POW diary's go to:

www.excelwithus.com there is a link at the top of the page.

jody said...

Hey Royce, it wasn't a diary on cigarette papers, but it was a diary. I still have the original, it is quite small, leather bound, on little cut evenly squares of paper. After reading the diary you can only wonder where he got the paper, I have some pretty good ideas, but none of it includes cigarette papers... although cigarettes WERE a big commodity, big with the Red Cross to P.O.W.'s. good trading material. Here's the direct link to some letters from home and the diary.

http://www.excelwithus.com/Emmett%20POW.htm

Retro Blog said...

I got cigarette papers in my head. I enjoyed the link and reading about the daily life. I am impressed with all the books he read. I am tempted to try to find some of them, no doubt some are out of print but I bet I can find the Pearl S. Buck one. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, and glad you had fun. Equally glad we got to see you and JoJo.

Anonymous said...

Yo brother,you have an opportunistic blog spammer below. R